Fiberglass rods, which were a popular type of fly rod for decades, have been making a comeback, and for good reason. Although there are many benefits to the faster action of today's graphite rods, fiberglass rods really allow you to slow down and connect to your forward and back cast.
We've loved mixing it up with fiberglass rods for a while now, and had to do one ourselves. Moonshine Rod Company is all about connecting with simpler times, so how could we not get into glass?
The aptly named Revival is inspired by the classics of the past, but adds some of the comforts and conveniences we enjoy in our modern rods. It comes packed with so many attractive features including:
- Lifetime Warranty, Two Tip Sections, and an embroidered rod case.
- Full Flex, (similar to your Granddad's bamboo rod) with a highly responsive tip that truly reflects the action on some of the most sought after glass rods in the industry... but at half the price!
- Beautiful Burnt Orange/Tan blank, wrapped with a dark copper thread wrap.
- Multi burl cork grip, usually only found on rods 3x the price.
- Hand turned Spalted Burl reel seats thats been dyed to reveal the exquisite grain in the wood.
- All copper anodized Hardware, from reel seat to tip top!